Here are some project examples where all materials and capital equipment used to complete the projects were purchased with membership fees and donations. All work was performed by volunteers.
- Rebuilding of the Red Trail Steps – these steps leading from the peninsula down to the lightrail tracks and onto the red trail were completed by an all-volunteer group and the help of a local boy scout troop. The casually descending steps have been excavated, graded, releveled and a new handrail has been installed.
- The Kingfisher Trail – This new trail begins as you come off the lightrail boardwalk and meanders behind the Nature Center. A number of bridges were added to allow access for park patrons and maintenance equipment and two learning nodes (used for educational and demonstration purposes). This project was again
completed by an all-volunteer group and used funds from membership fees.
WE INVITE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO BECOME MEMBERS OF THE LAKE ROLAND NATURE COUNCIL.
As a member of the Lake Roland Nature Council, you will receive:
- Members move to the top of all waitlists.
- Special “MEMBER ONLY” events
- Advanced registration and often a reduced cost for programs, and summer camp
- Advanced notice of programs, events and summer camp
- An emailed link to the Lake Roland Newsletter
- Discounts on Pavilion Rental Fees.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a good cause!
Members help to keep LRNC community running — and we appreciate you being a part of our community.