Lake Roland Park and Nature Center is seeking responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to assist with daily park operations and public programming. General duties include park maintenance, animal care, educational programming assistance, answering questions related to the park and the natural history of the area. This opportunity will allow the intern to understand the day-to-day procedures of operating a public park and nature center. Some examples of previous internship projects include the creation of educational displays, installation of wildlife nest boxes, and the creation and installation of erosion control measures throughout park to name but a few.
- Be pursuing a degree in Environmental Science, Recreation and Parks, Park Management, Biology, Education or similar field of study.
- Be open to working in all seasons and weather conditions.
- Not be afraid work with their hands and to get dirty.
- Be comfortable to care for a range of animal ambassadors. This may include:
- Be willing to learn and preform a multitude of tasks.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be comfortable answering questions and speaking with the general public about the park.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
Interns are expected to commit for one semester/season. Minimum hour requirements of 10 hours per week with a set schedule. Assignment dates and times are flexible around college coursework and other commitments. This internship is unpaid.
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Lake Roland Internship.”
For any additional information regarding the park, please visit the website: www.lakeroland.org or call the Nature Center at 410-887-4156.