The Lake Roland Nature Council (Lake Roland) is an all-volunteer organization. Volunteer engagement, involvement and development is critical for both the sustainability of the Lake Roland Nature Council and the long-term viability of Lake Roland. One cannot exist without the other.
Lake Roland and The Lake Roland Nature Council offer a variety of volunteer opportunities for all levels of volunteer engagement. Opportunities range from single events to long term volunteer involvement. This includes committee-based activities ranging from projects to board level involvement.
Examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Programs and Events (Children’s Events, Halloween, Easter, Canoeing/Kayaking, Mud Day, Fishing Days, Camp Outs, Hikes, Park Program Registrations, Setups and Cleanups)
- Park Maintenance (Trails, Tree Planting, Gardening, Invasive Plant Removal)
- Paw Point Cleanup (Light Shoveling, Removing Fallen Tree Limbs, Leaf Blowing, Occasional Power Washing and Filling Holes)
- Park Cleanup (On the Lake Using Canoes/Kayaks, On Land Both On and Off Trails)
- Nature Center (Support Staff with Nature Center and Office Needs)
To inquire about volunteer opportunities or questions regarding volunteering please e-mail us at [email protected]